Sticky Red Toffee Apples Recipe
These yummy sticky toffee apples are great for Halloween or to enjoy on bonfire night with friends.
- 4 juicy apples
- 225g demerara sugar
- 110ml water
- ½ tsp malt vinegar
- 1 tsp red food colouring
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 25g butter
- Wooden sticks x 4
- Firstly combine the water and the sugar in a saucepan and heat over a medium heat, stirring until the sugar has all dissolved.
- Next add the butter, vinegar, syrup and red food colouring.
- Turn up the heat a little more and bring the mixture to the boil, cooking the syrup until it reaches 138°C (use a sugar thermometer to measure accurately if you wish).
- Skewer the apples with the sticks then dip in the hot syrup, trying to coat as much of the apples as possible in the syrup.
- Leave the toffee apples to cool and harden on a lightly oiled baking tray. Once hardened eat and enjoy.