Italian Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 ciabatta loaf (cut into slices)
- 4/5 tbsp soft butter
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Fresh herbs to sprinkle on top (optional)
1. Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
2. In a bowl mix the crushed garlic with the oregano, basil and butter. Once mixed, place your sliced bread on a baking tray and place under the grill until the bread is golden brown in colour.
3. Remove the baking tray and turn over all the slices of bread, cook again for around 1 minute and remove from the grill. Spread a layer of the garlic butter and herb mixture on each ciabatta slice until all mixture is used up. Place back on the baking tray under the grill until all slices are nice and golden in colour. Be careful to keep an eye on the bread as it can easily burn.
4. Remove the garlic bread slices from the grill and serve at once. If you want to make the garlic bread look a little more fancy then chop up some dill or basil and sprinkle on each slice before serving.